Sunday, June 18, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap Questionaire

What are your favorite colors? Any, I find that I am wearing pink(shudder) a lot reds and blues are good.

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?I don't consider myself new I have a set sock pattern stuck in my fingers now. I have been knitting socks for nearly 2 years.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?I love it all.

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?WOOL and natural fibres except cotton

Where do you usually knit socks? Anywhere

How do you usually carry/store small projects? In my handmade bag

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? Formulas.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?Sherman short row heel/toes

What new techniques would you like to try? differnt toes.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?Double points all the way

What are some of your favorite yarns?Handspun or Filatua di crosa Zara/Zaria

What yarn do you totally covet? I don't know, those flash american ones ummm. Liza Souza, Sock that Rock, Lorna Laces etc.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Not really oohh maybe some white lies designs.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?17cm double points umm 5 to 6.5inch ones mainly metal as I haven't tried wood/bamboo.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Handspun.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate of course or pepermints

What’s your favorite animal? Cats/Sheep

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? House pets 2 cats Cucky and Mischief also good mousers and two dogs both guard. Brutus and Briony

If you were a color what color would you be?Rosy red glowing and warm

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..I don't have one

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?Some of the Dawns I witness right here.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. Later I have to find it.

Do you have a wishlist? In my head

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I am spinning a silver grey sliver from my sheep into sock yarn. I am planning to spin some charcoal and some white merino also.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Your swap pal is going to get a lot of useful information from your answers.

Now you have me all curious ... what are Sherman short rows?

metal and knit said...

The sock yarn you are spinnign sounds absolutly gorgeous