Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Just finished

Yesterday I started knitting a scarf with some of my handspun. It was a lost skein of crossbred white, I experimented with it dying and it worked! So, on the ferry from Queenscliffe to Sorrento I decided to knit a scarf with it. I cast on 20 odd stitches and did 8 rows seed stitch. Then I decided to change to garterstitch. after 3 rows I thought I would try to make it lacey so tried wrapping the yarn twice around the needle for each stitch. On the next row I just knitted normally dropping the extra wrap. Result stretched stitches! very lacey. I repeated this for the entire scarf, 3 row garter,1 row wrapped and ended with 8 rows seed then cast off. I used the remaining yarn to make a fringe by wrapping it around a toothpaste box.

The end result is quite nice. When I work out how to post pictures I will.

Bye Clare

2 comments:

Jan said...

I also made a scarf similar design. Used Heirloom mohair I bought cheaply.

Use Flickr for pictures. Easier and more reliable than going through BLOGGER.

Jan http://jantesting.blogspot.com

Jan said...

I also made a scarf similar design. Used Heirloom mohair I bought cheaply.

Use Flickr for pictures. Easier and more reliable than going through BLOGGER.

Jan http://jantesting.blogspot.com