Here is what I bought. Merino tops for Milly and David. David picked his out.
Sock knitting kit from Sara Durrant.
Dyes to have a go with. Tired of using foodcolours.
And well, says it all really. From Artisan Books. I really wanted several hundred dollars worth of books. But I have been pining for this one for the longest time.
Booties cast on allready. Next will be the Baby Surprise Jacket. From stash of course.
Bye. Off to do eggs now.
Monday, September 03, 2007
- Are you religious? not at all
- How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I learnt to knit at 4 but have only been seriously knitting for the last 14 years. So I beleive I am advanced.
- Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? spinning and dying
- Favorite color(s)? anything
- Do you collect anything? Knitting patterns and tools
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?No
- Do you have any pets? Cats in the house and working dogs outside
- Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? All of them YUM
- Cookies or Sweets? Sweeties
- Do you knit socks? Yes
- If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)
- Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Yes
- Favorite holiday treats? Plum pud and shortbread
- Favorite holiday smells? Plum pud
- Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Just presents on christmas moring with a large christmas dinner some years. It may be a roast or a BBQ. Depends on the weather
- What are your favorite holiday traditions? Presents
- Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Family and the children especially
- If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? a half eaten candy cane
- What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? My spinning wheel, given......no idea
- When do you start your Christmas? We put up the tree in the first weeks of December and gradually dress it and make biscuits etc
- Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? We don't send cards... I forget to post them.
- What is your favorite Christmas dish? Plum pud
- Carolers are at your door. What do you do?Carolers? what are they?
- When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning?On Christmas morning
- Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Just family
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Here it and my little man is. He has barely taken it off the last week.
My eldest took the photo.
Here is Milly in the suit here Aunty ann made for her. I think she was 12 weeks.
Here she is today in the sun wearing her first dress. Now 4 months old. she had her first lot of shots yesterday. Only prick marks on her legs to show for it.
I have been knitting a pair of red socks for the bloke, first one is to the toe.
I have just started knitting a bit for a local yarn producer Pear Tree in Torquay. This is what I have to knit up into booties and childrens socks. See I have one allmost finished. I also went a bit mad and bought two books. Love them both.